Sunday, April 3, 2011

i'm sorry...






i'm sorry for neglecting you for nearly a whole week. you see, ever since my "perfectly nothing kind of weekend" i have been like a busy little bee. i am preparing to be a vendor at the Spring 2011 VITA Runway show, which is a super stylish event (or so i've read). i've been busily making some new items for this event, so sadly, both my blog and my etsy shop have been fairly neglected. however, if you would like to see me and perhaps purchase some of my wares in person, come on out to the Riverviews Artspace in Lynchburg next Saturday from 3 til 7 or so. And if you are super stylish (or want to be), get yourself a ticket for the fashion show which begins at 8.


the moon lamp above used to be covered in bright yellow gingham, but since yellow is not really my color, i painstakingly stripped all of it off, along with the gluey stuff with which it was attached and fashioned my own slipcover out of bits of fabric, vintage lace and doilies, buttons and pearls and hand sewn fabric roses. hours and hours of hand sewing, but i love it for its' shabby elegance. and continuing with my love of scraps, i have been working on some scrappy flower brooches and tiny book necklaces. and making more scraps by tearing up books to make book shrines. so, i hope to see you saturday...

No comments:

Post a Comment