Friday, March 11, 2016

writer's block...


my thoughts have been all over the place these days.  i haven't been able to settle on anything to write about in this space.  i think it's all of the changes that are happening with the kids and what that means for my life. 

as i wrote on the very last pages of my journal this morning it got me thinking about endings and beginnings.  i'm a firm believer that endings are not endings at all, but rather, time to begin again.
   a fresh start.  new experiences.  different, but exciting.  and perhaps a bit unsettling.  i guess i am feeling like i'm in between somehow...in the process of figuring it all out.

but i'm not unhappy.  i am moving forward.  i am doing all that needs to be done and more.  i am still creating...always creating...that is an essential part of life for me...but, i am trying out some new ideas and experimenting with different materials.  i have been decluttering like a mad woman...a little every day and some days a lot.  everything about that just feels so right.  it's hard to describe, but it's a release of sorts...of life's unnecessary baggage.  i'm itching to paint my walls a nice fresh white.  i am trying out a "capsule wardrobe" which seems to be all the rage these days.  i got rid of most of my wardrobe in the decluttering process and i'm slowly and deliberately building a new one.  i'm dreaming about the future and far flung adventures.  my house looks different.  my closet looks different.  my future plans look different.  and even though i'm still the same old me, i feel different.  really, it feels a bit like magic.

*****

And suddenly you know; It's time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.
-Meister Eckhart  



No comments:

Post a Comment