Wednesday, November 25, 2009

pie day






Today is pie day. When I said that this morning, my son asked me if that was some kind of holiday or something. I made pumpkin, apple and pecan. I gave myself a break this year and went with store bought crust. Usually everyone says, great pie Mom, but when they are done I notice the crust is always left to the side. I'm pastry impaired. I am great at making all kinds of desserts, but flaky pastry is not one of them. I say, who cares about the crust, save calories and just eat the filling and whipped cream.
Later today, we will be delivering a few packages like the one above, with my handmade pumpkins. Happy pie day to you!

1 comment:

  1. Of course Pie Day is a holiday. Did they have school today? NO. They sure look good, why don't you send one up:)

    ReplyDelete