Tuesday, August 14, 2012

a cozy little dream...



at this moment, i am in a cozy little dream...  a dream in which i live in this sweet nest with its' bits of  fluff and flowers and a feather or two.  where i can curl up and enjoy the soft summer breeze and listen to the bugs buzzing and admire how the sun comes through the trees just so nicely...

but in just moments, i will have to wake up and move forward with the responsibilities of the day.  i dropped my twins off at the high school this morning for their freshman orientation.  i'm the sort of person who is going to get nostalgic about all of this.  i mean, after all, it really wasn't that long ago that they were my little baby twinnies, always getting into trouble those two and it's very hard to imagine them in high school.  i'm feeling the changes big time this year as it is a year of firsts and lasts for us.  but more on that later, as i am headed out the door to get everybody signed up for school.  goodbye cozy little dream...



1 comment:

  1. I love your post :D
    I woke up this way, but in my dream there was a soft drizzle of rain. Then reality hit...off to take daughter to Colorguard, need to go get truck inspected and get groceries! I know where did time go?! My daughter will be a Junior this year and son's last year of college...?! I want them small again, with lighter hair and toothless grins! I want them hanging onto me with a bouquet of dandelions...
    It was a good dream... enJOY the sweetness in your day! Remember when they smile at you, the magic you have helped create :D

    ReplyDelete