Thursday, July 16, 2015

stitch.


i've been stitching words like crazy lately...in between making books...and little envelopes...and laundry...and all of the other stuff i do.  it is a nice portable project for those long waits at the orthodontist and during long car trips.  for some reason i seem stuck on red thread...it just pops so nicely on white.  


it has been a strange summer.  a transition of sorts.  my daughters are both at college...my older daughter working...my younger daughter at a pre-college art program...creating masterpieces i'm sure.  my older son is working many hours as a lifeguard and my younger son is working a bit as well.  even my dog, who is now 12 (or around 70 in human years) has altered his schedule...it goes like this...get up, eat, take a walk and go lay on the couch for the rest of the day.  the house is often empty and eerily quiet.  there are leftovers in the fridge...i've had to buy more containers.  there is less laundry and less cleaning up (which is kind of wonderful).  but, on the other hand, no one to fetch the mail.  no sounds of laughter.  no one to bake me cookies.  and while i still have a few years to go, it is a small taste of what an empty nest is going to be like.  of course, it is inevitable...kids do grow up and i want them to all go out into the world and become whatever it is they will become.  but still...it is a strange feeling.  one that will take some getting used to.  

meanwhile, i continue to create.  every day.  because that is what i do.  it gives me purpose and brings me joy and maybe it brings joy to others too...  



No comments:

Post a Comment