Thursday, March 29, 2018

ask a bird...


"ask a bird how to fly and it might tell you to remove the weight from your wings"
-from the book Chasing Slow, by Erin Loechner

i am the bird right now and i am removing the weight.  it's such a relief letting go of things.  i didn't think i had that much stuff, but i did...it was just very well organized.  i became a master at stowing stuff neatly when we lived in our tiny house with four small children.  i didn't realize how a lot of my stuff was weighing me down, but apparently it was...that is evidenced by the lightness that i'm feeling now...the joy i feel when i see empty spaces.  i'm finding that i really don't need much to feel happy.  

life is changing.  it always is really, but this change feels more profound.  two of my kids are living on their own, one is only halfway here...working and going to college and my baby...my 6 foot tall baby... is finishing up his junior year of high school and then he'll be a senior.  oh my...they weren't kidding when they said kids grow up fast. 


books on my table right now.

i'm rolling with the changes - along with my sweet husband.  we are talking about the "not so far away for us" future...making plans and i'm feeling excited.  i like our new plans.  we are in the beginning stages right now, so i won't share just yet.  because...have you ever felt when you have a new idea that you want to keep it secret until you've had some time with it?  yes, i need time with it, to mull over it, nurture it, let it grow.


seeing this little crane in the picture above made me think of my 1000 cranes project.  even though i started this in 2011 (?) i have only gotten to 850.  part of the changes i guess.  i used to fold these while i waited around for the kids.  well, not so much waiting now.  but, i'll get there someday : ) 



meanwhile, spring has really arrived in my little piece of this world.  flowers springing up, birds tweeting, warmer days... 

so, if you're here today, reading this...i wish you spring too.  



No comments:

Post a Comment