Wednesday, May 19, 2010

courage...

"To be courageous means to be afraid but to go a little step forward anyway."

-beverly smith-

Trying new things can be scary, but a necessary part of achieving ones' dreams. This is my year of courage and overcoming fears. It actually started last August when I won a custom made collage from this artist that I really admire. I had to come up with a word and she created a collage for me to go with the word. After giving it some serious thought I decided on "courage", because at the time I was trying to muster up some courage to try some new things. My lovely collage sits on a shelf in my studio reminding me to keep the courage alive everyday. You can see it here. I feel like I've come a long way in the past nine months - started a blog, opened my etsy shop, explored my creativity in new ways... And as I continue through this year of courage, more opportunities are coming my way and I am faced with stepping out of my comfort zone and trying something new, yet again. And you know what ? I think it will all work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment