Saturday, May 8, 2010

the day before mother's day...






I'm getting a little "mom time" today. Actually my twins are home - my daughter and her friend and my son. Three twelve year olds. Enough said. I'm trying to ignore them right now. Above is a pile of crocheted doilies I found at Jo-Ann fabrics, because I can never bear to make anything out of the ones my grandmother made. I'm playing with tyvek, which is very cool and amazing stuff that some envelopes are made out of - you know those kind of plastic-y white ones. Well I cut out a square and painted it with Lumiere halo pink gold and then went at it with my heat gun. You never know how it's going to turn out, but I'm really liking how the metallic paint came out. I'm making a layered piece - I'll show you when I'm done. Also, sanded and cleaned some mini bowling pins I bought at an antique shop. I'm thinking some cute little painted dolls... We'll see. And making pizza dough, which is something I do every Saturday. When we lived in New York there was a plethora of pizza shops - all good. And well, in Virginia, let's just say pizza is not their specialty. So I got a pizza stone, learned how to make dough and started making my own pizzas every Saturday. I'm getting pretty good at it. The family seems to like it, there's never any leftovers...


No comments:

Post a Comment