Monday, March 7, 2011

how do you spell love...






...love is sometimes spelled h-a-a-g-e-n-d-a-z-s...
Last week on a day I was feeling sad, my teenage daughter surprised me with this cute little Haagen-Dazs treat. It even comes with its' own spoon in the lid, for eating right out of the container in times of necessity. And it's virtually guilt free in this tiny size. Anyways, it really cheered me up. Not the ice cream, but the fact that my teenager noticed I was sad and that she put some thought into cheering me up. The teenage years, I'm finding out, are quite challenging. But not always in a bad way. And she's a really great kid. I chased her around with my camera all weekend trying to get a nice picture of her, because teens are often camera shy, but no luck. But this morning, the morning after a day of gloom and rain, as she walked to her bus stop, I caught this picture of her out the window. And I thought, wow - she is like the rainbow that comes after the rain, like a bright yellow butterfly on a black and white background, the sweet daisy found in a field of grass...



No comments:

Post a Comment