Tuesday, February 23, 2010

dreams...











My original love is for making dolls and I've gotten away from it somewhat (although there is a lovely fairy in my shop right now). I find myself missing the dollmaking process, so I am working on some new dolls of my own design. The doll above is one of the first dolls I ever made - from a book called Crafting Cloth Dolls. I still remember the day that I discovered this book. At the time, I had been a stay at home mom for a few years and hadn't done anything creative for a while (except for raising four toddlers, which involves a different sort of creativity). I had just discovered the internet and I saw this book on Amazon. I fell in love with the doll on the cover. For me just then, a dream was born. So I ordered the book and made the doll and then another and another... Little by little, my squelched creativity was let loose. And that opened up a world of dreams and slowly, slowly I find them coming true... And it's all so wonderful. So you see, dreams really do come true.




No comments:

Post a Comment