Tuesday, February 16, 2010

this and that









With all the kids back to school today, I'm doing a little catching up. Working on a little birthday present. I always spend more time on the presentation than the actual making of the gift. I think that is actually my favorite part. Here, I made a pair of earrings and then I stamped and hand colored a tag and wrapped it with ribbon and hung the earrings from it. I hope she likes it! My 12 year old daughter made this lovely lemon cake yesterday. It is so lemony and delicious. Each of my kids can cook to varying degrees. A couple of summers ago I had them each choose a meal they wanted to make and with a little help from me, they planned it, shopped for it and cooked it. They turned out to be really great meals and now they all feel comfortable in the kitchen. Now I just have to teach them to clean up! Also working on my drawing skills today. I'm trying to draw a little something every day. One of my goals...

No comments:

Post a Comment