Tuesday, June 15, 2010

the adjustment period...



We are now in the adjustment period. At least that's what I call it. Now that the kids are home all day, my schedule has changed. And I really liked my schedule. Most days it included a few hours of quiet, uninterrupted "creative time". My husband has been trying to prepare me for this for weeks. He is a big fan of scheduling. And while I hate to admit that he might know something I don't, I think he could be right this time. Of course, it's not just myself I'm trying to organize, that would be easy. It's my four sweet, loving children. They resist planning, preferring to live a free, spur of the moment type lifestyle. But I've stuck it to them this summer. I've let them know that upon my awakening until noon I am not to be disturbed. They will prepare their breakfast and do the list of chores I leave for them each morning. They will let me know if they need my taxi services well in advance. And there won't be any bickering that might disturb my creative solitude. And like I said, it is an adjustment period. It's not bound to work flawlessly right away. So far, I've spent one morning at the vet and two mornings at the car repair shop and some taxi service as well. And bickering. All before noon.
But let's talk about something happier. Check out the middle picture above. My 9 year old handed this to me the other day. I said, "wow, what is it?" He said, "It's lint, from my jean pocket. I wrote love you on it with a sharpie." Well, bless your little heart, I love you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment