Tuesday, June 29, 2010

the big 4-3








I celebrated my 43rd birthday recently. And it was good. I've kind of made peace with my age. I mean after all, if we didn't get older we'd be dead right? I cried when I turned 30 and now - well - 30 seems so young. Of course, I had three kids in diapers when I was 30 and that's enough to make anyone cry. But really, I know so much more now than I did back then. And life just keeps getting better for me. I've always been a late bloomer and I am really doing some blooming in my 40's. So gray hairs aside, I think 43 is going to be a very good age. Yeah. And I'm loving my new cowboy boots, a birthday gift from the hubby. Have you ever heard that poem that goes, "When I am old, I shall wear purple..." Well, when I am old, I shall wear cowboy boots. With a skirt. And maybe some striped socks.


No comments:

Post a Comment