Tuesday, June 29, 2010

the silver lining...





I've been teaching myself how to do a coptic binding and the book above was my practice book. Since it was the one I learned on, I decided to keep it for myself and use it as my summer journal. I like how it came out, it opens so nice and flat. I will make some for my shop when I find some time. Ah, time... The kids have been pretty good about not disrupting my morning time. But, our car has been misbehaving, so I've had a lot of time at the car shop. We've gotten new brakes and had the air conditioner fixed and this morning it just wouldn't start at all and had to be towed to the shop. It needs a new starter. But to every dark cloud, there is a silver lining (at least that's what Stuart Little's dad told him). I'm actually really happy that it decided to break down today (on this day before a holiday weekend and before our upcoming vacation and while I was in my own driveway). They were able to squeeze my repair in today and hopefully all will be good for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment