Tuesday, January 11, 2011

a handmade christmas...






In my last post, I mentioned that I made a simple and handmade Christmas this year. I love Christmas and the whole holiday season, but the last couple of years I really didn't enjoy it so much. The season ended with me feeling dissatisfied, frazzled and broke. So this year, I made a conscious decision to simplify, just so that I could really enjoy the essence of Christmas. I still decorated, but not as much. I only baked a few cookies for giving. I made all of my gifts (except for a few things for my kids). I only did the things that I really wanted to do. Working on my artistic gifts for the weeks leading up to Christmas was very therapeutic (free art therapy). As a result, I didn't feel rushed, I didn't gain any weight from eating too many cookies and best of all, no credit card bills. I felt relaxed and my kids seemed more relaxed. We had lots of music and fun and created some happy memories that will last forever. Our trip up North to visit extended family was the best gift ever. And now, with a fresh new year beginning, I feel refreshed and ready to begin anew...


No comments:

Post a Comment