Wednesday, January 19, 2011

one man's junk...










My kids returned to school yesterday after their ridiculously long holiday break and I feel my life slowly returning to its' old routine. I thought I would show you some of my newly acquired treasures. A few were purchased, but most are heirlooms that were passed down to me on my recent trip up North ("up North" makes it sound like a frozen tundra, huh?). I dug the rhinestone earrings up out of a drawer stuffed full (I mean full) of rhinestone jewelry at one of my favorite antique shops. I've actually had a couple of dreams about that drawer. All the lovely lace came from rooting around in my moms' fabric stash. I just love digging through boxes and drawers, such great treasures to be discovered...My kids needed an antique fix this weekend and I was more than happy to oblige. I had not planned on buying anything, due to some recent pricey car repairs. But alas...I've had my eye on the lovely deep purple glass sea float for two years now. It's really big, like basketball sized, and it had a big price tag, so I have just admired it from afar. Well, they must have been tired of it hanging around, because it had a sale tag of just $5 and well, then I knew it was mine. I guess that old saying is true...one man's junk is another woman's treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment