Wednesday, November 14, 2012

thankful .03...


thankful this morning for "muffins with mom".  this was a little event that the PTO put on this morning at the middle school.  i went to school with my son and had muffins and lively conversation with him before class.  it was a nice time and a fun way to start the day.

i've been a stay at home mom since my daughter was born 17 years ago.  it wasn't something i planned.  i really thought that i would go back to work, but once i held her, so tiny and precious, i got a deep ache in my heart at the thought of leaving her for a job i really didn't enjoy all that much.  so, with the support of my husband, i followed my heart and quit my job.  we were so unprepared.  but somehow, we survived those years of having no money and those other years of having even less money than that.  life is mostly easier now and in retrospect those really were good times.  times that helped shape me into the person i am today.  and i have absolutely no regrets about any of it.

i'm so very thankful that i was able to stay home with my kids.  thankful for my husband, who at times worked two jobs to make it all work.  thankful that i can do these little things that mean so much to my kids.

all that from a lil' ol' muffin...





2 comments:

  1. Vicki, you will never regret being a stay-at-home Mom. You would miss all the special moments like going to Jake's school and having the muffins. Your children are very lucky to have such a great Mom and Dad and they show it. Can't wait to see you all in December!!! Seeing Dexter also makes me miss all of you very much. Loving all your photos. See you soon!!!

    Love, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree your children are so lucky! I am so happy it all worked out for you n' your wonderful family~

    I have worked some, but over all been able to be with mine, too. It is a rocky road, no matter what we pick, but listening to your heart,to me is never wrong!
    @>---------- xo

    ReplyDelete