Friday, December 4, 2009

handmade specialness



My teenage daughter says, "oh yeah, I need a gift for my friend, her birthday party is tonight". She gives me her cutest smile and says, "she likes to make earrings". So, I spent some time this morning putting together some pretty beads and findings, enough to make several pairs of earrings. I grumped a little about the short notice, but actually I love making gifts for people. Before I started my little etsy shop, I made gifts all the time and a lot of the recipients told me I should sell my stuff. So here I am. I still love to make stuff and give it away. I put a lot of thought into my gifts and what I think the person might like. I want them to feel special and to know their gift was custom made for them. The same goes for the stuff I sell. I really put a lot of thought and a lot of time into making each item. I think everyone deserves a little "handmade specialness" in their lives, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment