Friday, March 26, 2010

these boots were made for walking...

My new favorite mug that I picked up at the goodwill today
for a quarter.

A red painted flower from my art journal.

A tiny little book of poems by Robert Browning - 95 cents.

Perfectly tattered...

An old bowling pin that I bought the last time I went antiqueing
with my kids.
I was filling in my walking journal today (yes, I keep a journal for that too, I'm very organized!) when I realized that I passed the 500 mile mark last week. Woo Hoo! I have been walking since last May and at one point I was up to about 18 miles a week. Winter slowed me down a bit and I haven't been loving the walks as much. I am down to about 12 miles a week, but I'm working my way back up. It's a lot harder to stay in shape now that I'm past 40 (slightly) and I really like sweets and desserts, so I gotta exercise. Seeing that big 500 is pretty exciting and it actually makes me want to go out and take a long walk right now (except it's raining out). So I guess it was a good idea to keep track of it. The best part of the whole walking thing, is my 9 year old son decided he wanted to start walking too, so now I walk him to school every morning (it's almost a mile). And he just yaks away the whole time. But it's nice, special mom and Jake time that I will treasure forever.




No comments:

Post a Comment