Thursday, March 11, 2010

Serenity








I finally finished my old book project. The book is super old and very fragile and I faced quite a few challenges while working on it. It took me days to tear the paper just so and apply gold to all the edges, but I really like how it turned out. And while I am on the subject of old, I included a few pictures of some other old items that I will be incorporating into my art very soon. My art has been so varied this past year, but I like to think of it as part of the learning process. I'm still working on my artistic style and that is quite a journey. I've noticed that everything works out better when I don't overthink things and I just go with it. But sometimes, that is a hard place to get to. The words in my head say - relax, stay true to yourself, work from your heart...

2 comments:

  1. Vicki,
    this vintage book shrine is gorgeous!! it deserves a post all to itself with the other pictures you displayed in your etsy shop (yes, i went searching for more info) :) it's just lovely, well done.

    ReplyDelete