Monday, March 22, 2010

painting...








I've been a rather neglectful blogger lately. Sorry about that. I have been focused on painting my bedroom in the most lovely shade of blue. It was a very ugly yellow and it improved vastly with just a coat of primer. But now that I have the blue done, I love it - it has a very calming effect. As I was cleaning up, the purple vase and purple flowers (which were just plopped there by chance) caught my eye and I had instant inspiration. Most of the bedding is in shades of ivory, but there are some pillows and cushions that will need to be changed. As I was cleaning up, the purple vase and purple flowers (which were just plopped there by chance) caught my eye and inspiration struck. I hadn't thought of purple with the blue. Quickly to my sewing machine to stitch up this purple velvet cover for my neck pillow. I like it - now for some more purple stuff...


No comments:

Post a Comment